To transfer a domain from Squarespace to Shopify, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1. Unlock your domain: Log in to your Squarespace account and go to the Domains section. Find the domain you want to transfer and click on it. Then, click on the “Advanced Settings” tab and select “Transfer Lock” to disable it. This will allow you to transfer the domain to another provider.
2. Get the authorization code: Still in the “Advanced Settings” tab, click on “Authorization Code” and copy the code provided. This code is required to initiate the transfer process.
3. Purchase a Shopify plan: If you haven’t already, sign up for a Shopify account and choose a plan that suits your needs. Shopify offers various plans with different features and pricing options.
4. Initiate the transfer: In your Shopify admin dashboard, go to the “Online Store” section and click on “Domains.” Then, click on “Connect existing domain” and enter the domain you want to transfer. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
5. Verify the domain transfer: After initiating the transfer, you’ll receive an email from Shopify with instructions on how to verify the transfer. Follow the provided steps to confirm the transfer.
6. Wait for the transfer to complete: The domain transfer process usually takes a few days to complete. During this time, it’s important not to make any changes to your domain settings to avoid any disruptions.
7. Update your DNS settings: Once the transfer is complete, you’ll need to update your DNS settings in Shopify. Go to the “Online Store” section, click on “Domains,” and select your transferred domain. Then, click on “DNS settings” and follow the instructions provided by Shopify to update your DNS records.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully transfer your domain from Squarespace to Shopify. Remember to double-check all the details and ensure a smooth transition for your website.