To point your GoDaddy domain to SiteGround, you need to follow these steps:
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account and go to the “My Products” section.
2. Find the domain you want to point to SiteGround and click on the “DNS” button.
3. In the DNS Management page, locate the “Nameservers” section and click on the “Change” button.
4. Choose the “Custom” option and enter the nameservers provided by SiteGround. Typically, they will be in the format of “ns1.siteground.com” and “ns2.siteground.com”.
5. Save the changes and exit the GoDaddy account.
Now, you need to configure your SiteGround account to recognize your GoDaddy domain. Here’s what you should do:
1. Log in to your SiteGround account and go to the “My Accounts” section.
2. Find the website you want to associate with your GoDaddy domain and click on the “Manage Site” button.
3. In the Site Tools dashboard, locate the “Site” tab and click on “Site Settings”.
4. Under the “Site Information” section, click on the “Change” button next to the “Site Address” option.
5. Enter your GoDaddy domain name and click on the “Confirm” button.
6. SiteGround will verify the domain ownership, and once confirmed, your GoDaddy domain will be pointed to your SiteGround hosting account.
Please note that DNS changes may take some time to propagate, so it might take a few hours for your domain to start pointing to SiteGround.