To change the URL on a Wix website, you can follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Wix account and go to the Wix Editor.
2. Click on the “Site” menu on the left-hand side of the editor.
3. Select “Site Manager” from the dropdown menu.
4. In the Site Manager, click on the “Domains” tab.
5. Here, you will see your current domain name. Click on the “Manage” button next to it.
6. In the Domain Settings, you will find the option to “Connect a domain you already own.” Click on it.
7. Enter the new domain name you want to use in the provided field and click “Save.”
8. Wix will check the availability of the domain and if it’s available, you can proceed with purchasing it.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase process.
10. Once the new domain is purchased and connected, you can set it as the primary domain for your website by clicking on the “Make Primary” button next to it.
11. After setting the new domain as the primary, the old domain will automatically redirect to the new one.
Please note that changing the URL may have implications for your website’s SEO and may require additional steps to ensure a smooth transition. It’s recommended to consult with an SEO professional or follow Wix’s guidelines for SEO best practices when making such changes.