To add a favicon on Shopify, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
2. From the Shopify admin dashboard, click on “Online Store” in the left-hand menu.
3. Select “Themes” from the dropdown menu.
4. In the “Current theme” section, click on the “Actions” button and choose “Edit code” from the options.
5. In the code editor, locate the “Layout” folder and click on it to expand it.
6. Look for the “theme.liquid” file and click on it to open it.
7. Scroll down the code until you find the `
8. Within the `` tag, add the following code:
Replace “path/to/your/favicon.ico” with the actual path to your favicon file. Make sure your favicon file is in .ico format.
9. Save the changes by clicking on the “Save” button.
10. Go back to your Shopify admin dashboard and click on “Online Store” again.
11. Select “Themes” from the dropdown menu.
12. In the “Current theme” section, click on the “Customize” button.
13. In the theme customization panel, click on “Header” or “Theme settings” (depending on your theme).
14. Look for an option related to favicon or site icon.
15. Upload your favicon file or select it from the media library.
16. Save the changes.
After following these steps, your favicon should be successfully added to your Shopify store. It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect.