To set up Google Ads conversion tracking on a Shopify website, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Google Ads account and click on the “Tools & Settings” menu. Then, select “Conversions” under the Measurement section.
2. Click on the “+” button to create a new conversion action.
3. Choose the type of conversion you want to track. For example, if you want to track purchases, select “Website” as the source.
4. Fill in the necessary details for your conversion action, such as the conversion name, value, and counting method. Make sure to select “Use different values for each conversion” if you have multiple products with different prices.
5. Under “Category,” select “Purchase/Sale” if you are tracking purchases. You can also customize the category based on your specific conversion goal.
6. In the “Conversion window” section, set the time frame during which you want to track conversions. This determines how long after a click the conversion will be attributed to your ads.
7. In the “Attribution model” section, choose the model that best suits your needs. The default model is “Last click,” which gives credit to the last ad clicked before the conversion.
8. Under “Include in ‘Conversions’,” select “Yes” to include this conversion in your conversion reporting.
9. Click on “Create and Continue” to proceed.
10. On the next page, you’ll see the conversion tag setup options. Select “Install the tag yourself” and choose “Shopify” as your website platform.
11. Copy the conversion ID and conversion label provided by Google Ads.
12. Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to the “Online Store” section.
13. Click on “Preferences” and scroll down to the “Google Analytics” section.
14. Paste the conversion ID and conversion label into the respective fields.
15. Save the changes, and you’re done! Google Ads conversion tracking is now set up on your Shopify website.
Remember to test the tracking by making a test purchase and ensuring that the conversion data is being recorded accurately in your Google Ads account.