To transfer ownership of a Squarespace website, you can follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Squarespace account and go to the website you want to transfer ownership of.
2. Click on the Settings option in the main menu.
3. In the Settings menu, select the Permissions tab.
4. Under the Permissions tab, you will see a list of contributors who have access to the website. Find the contributor you want to transfer ownership to and click on their name.
5. In the contributor’s settings, click on the Change Role option.
6. From the drop-down menu, select the Owner role for the contributor.
7. Once you have changed the role to Owner, click on the Save button to apply the changes.
8. Squarespace will send an email notification to the new owner, informing them of the ownership transfer.
9. The new owner will need to accept the ownership transfer by following the instructions provided in the email.
10. Once the new owner accepts the transfer, they will have full ownership and control over the Squarespace website.
It’s important to note that only the current owner of the website can initiate the ownership transfer. Additionally, make sure to communicate with the new owner and coordinate any necessary account or billing changes to ensure a smooth transition.