To create a “coming soon” page on Squarespace, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the website you want to add the “coming soon” page to.
2. In the Squarespace editor, click on “Pages” in the left-hand menu.
3. Click on the “+” button to add a new page.
4. Choose the “Cover Page” option from the available page types.
5. Select a cover page template that suits your needs. Squarespace offers several templates specifically designed for “coming soon” pages.
6. Customize the cover page by adding your own text, images, and branding elements. You can edit the text and images by clicking on them and using the editing tools provided.
7. If you want to collect email addresses from visitors who are interested in your upcoming launch, you can add a newsletter signup form. To do this, click on the “Edit” button on the newsletter block and connect it to your preferred email marketing service.
8. Once you are satisfied with the design and content of your “coming soon” page, click on the “Save” button to publish it.
9. To make the “coming soon” page your website’s homepage, go back to the “Pages” section in the editor and click on the gear icon next to the cover page you created. From the dropdown menu, select “Set as homepage.”
10. Preview your website to see how the “coming soon” page looks. You can do this by clicking on the “Preview” button in the top-right corner of the editor.
That’s it! Your “coming soon” page is now live on your Squarespace website. Visitors will see this page until you are ready to launch your full website.