To transfer a domain from Squarespace to Shopify, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1. Unlock your domain: Log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the Domains section. Find the domain you want to transfer and click on it. Then, click on the “Advanced Settings” tab and select “Transfer Lock” to disable it. This will allow you to transfer the domain to another provider.
2. Obtain the authorization code: Still in the Squarespace Domains section, click on the domain you want to transfer. Under the “Advanced Settings” tab, you’ll find the authorization code. Click on “Send Auth Code” to receive it via email.
3. Purchase a Shopify plan: If you haven’t already, sign up for a Shopify account and choose a plan that suits your needs. Shopify offers various plans with different features and pricing options.
4. Initiate the domain transfer in Shopify: Once you have a Shopify account, log in and go to the “Online Store” section. Click on “Domains” and then “Connect Existing Domain.” Enter the domain you want to transfer and click “Next.”
5. Complete the transfer process: Shopify will guide you through the remaining steps to complete the domain transfer. You’ll need to provide the authorization code you obtained from Squarespace and confirm the transfer. Shopify will handle the transfer process, which may take a few days to complete.
6. Verify the domain transfer: After the transfer is complete, Shopify will send you an email notification. It’s essential to verify that the domain is successfully transferred by visiting your Shopify store and ensuring it is using the transferred domain.
Remember, it’s crucial to keep your Squarespace subscription active until the domain transfer is complete. Additionally, consider any email accounts or custom DNS settings associated with the domain and make necessary arrangements to ensure a smooth transition.