To add fonts to your Squarespace website, follow these steps:
1. Choose a font: First, you need to select the font you want to add to your website. You can either use a font from Squarespace’s built-in font library or upload your own custom font.
2. Access the Design panel: Log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the website editor. Click on the “Design” tab in the top menu to access the design panel.
3. Go to the Fonts section: In the design panel, scroll down until you find the “Fonts” section. Click on it to open the font settings.
4. Add a custom font: If you want to add a custom font, click on the “Custom Fonts” option. Then, click on the “+ Add a Custom Font” button. You will be prompted to upload the font file (in .woff or .woff2 format) from your computer. Once uploaded, Squarespace will automatically generate the necessary font files for different browsers.
5. Select a font: If you prefer to use a font from Squarespace’s library, click on the “Heading Font” or “Base Font” option, depending on where you want to apply the font. A dropdown menu will appear with various font options. Scroll through the list and select the font you want to use.
6. Customize font settings: After selecting a font, you can further customize its style, size, and other settings. Squarespace provides options to adjust font weight, letter spacing, line height, and more. Experiment with these settings until you achieve the desired look.
7. Apply the font: Once you have chosen and customized your font, click “Save” to apply the changes to your website. The selected font will now be used for the specified text elements on your Squarespace site.
Remember to preview your website to ensure the font appears as intended. Adding fonts can enhance the visual appeal and uniqueness of your Squarespace website, allowing you to create a more personalized and professional design.