To change the domain name on Wix, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Wix account.
2. Go to the Wix dashboard and click on “Settings” in the left-hand menu.
3. Select “Domains” from the drop-down menu.
4. In the “Domains” tab, you will see your current domain name. Click on the “Manage” button next to it.
5. A new window will open with your domain settings. Click on the “Connect a New Domain” button.
6. In the pop-up window, you can either choose to purchase a new domain directly from Wix or connect a domain you already own. Select the option that suits your needs.
7. If you choose to connect a domain you already own, enter the domain name in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the domain connection process. This may involve updating DNS settings or verifying ownership of the domain.
9. Once the domain is connected successfully, you can set it as your primary domain by clicking on the “Make Primary” button next to it.
10. Finally, click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
Please note that changing your domain name may affect your website’s SEO and search engine rankings. It is recommended to set up proper redirects and inform your audience about the change to minimize any negative impact.